Management Application (ERMA)
Our Division uses the Event Registration Management Application (ERMA) to advertise and facilitate registration for our training programs. ERMA has taken the place of STARS, and you will soon notice additional features to assist you with your training needs. If you've used STARS in the past, you'll see that ERMA is very similar.
Please read below for help using ERMA System:
If you are a State Employee looking for state employee programs such as Inappropriate Behavior, New Employee Orientation, or Supervisory Programs, you will need to register for these types of training through the Arizona Learning Center on the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) portal at www.hr.az.gov.
The web address for our registration system is now www.erma.az.gov - please bookmark this or access this link through our website under ERMA On-Line Training Registration.
If you have reached this page and are looking for assistance with an issue you're having, please review the following areas before contacting our office for assistance. If you cannot resolve your issue using this help page, we would be more than happy to assist you.
The Home Screen will show three options for training classes: Dept of Economic Security, Fire Marshal, and Dept of Military Affairs and Emergency Management. These are not links, but are there for informational purposes and contact information for the various programs offered by these agencies. Our programs can be found under Dept of Military Affairs and Emergency Management.
If you have used the former STARS system in the past, but this is your first time logging into the new ERMA, you MAY need to reset or update your password. Before contacting our office for assistance, please read through the options below if you're having trouble logging in.
If you select an option that requires a password reset, or request for your ID number, please wait at least one day prior to contacting our office for assistance. It may take up to a day to have that information emailed to you.
Also be sure to check your e-mail's SPAM filter for the erma.az.gov address, usually it would come from "email@example.com".
A note on "Waitlisting": Waitlisting is used when a course is full, or if seats are being reserved for a specific audience. If that's the case, we have no way of knowing from week to week how many seats will open up, and whether or not individuals on the waitlist will be offered space in the class. We periodically review course rosters and enroll waitlisted individuls when space becomes available. When your status is changed from waitlisted to enrolled, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. If a course is full, ERMA will ask if you would like to "join the waitlist". You must select YES if you'd like to be added to the waitlist. ADEM reserves the right to deny an idividual's enrollment based on course maximum attendance, or if the enrollee does not fit within the target audience for the program.
At times, our agency will also use "Pending Host Approval" as a way to ensure only qualified, eligible individuals are enrolled in the class. Those whose status can not be easily verified through ERMA will be contacted if additional information is required prior to confirming their enrollment. if we use this option for one of our training programs, you will receive additional instructions regarding eligibility or other required information. If you choose to continue with enrollment, you will also receive an e-mail with special notes and eligibility requirements for the class. If you meet these requirements, and provide us with any additional information that's requested, you will then receive an enrollment confirmation. ADEM reserves the right to deny an idividual's enrollment based on course maximum attendance, or if the enrollee does not fit within the target audience for the program.
ONCE LOGGED IN, you can access the following features:
- My Account: Allows you to keep your account current with agency, phone numbers and e-mail address. It also shows a a list of your upcoming or past classes.
- Search for an Event: You can search for scheduled training events by Sponsoring Agency, Event ID#, Course #, County, City, Month or Keyword. As you add filters and click "Search", the results will update with scheduled events that match your criteria. You'll also be able to see whether a class if OPEN, with # of remaining seats; FULL, with # on the waiting list; or CANCELLED.
- Enroll or Cancel: To enroll, click "Click Here to Register". Once you've read the course description, prerequisites and any special notes, you can then click "ENROLL" at the top of the page to enroll in that class or event. To cancel, click "CANCEL" next to the course you're enrolled in. Please do not contact our office to Enroll or Cancel unless you've already gone through the help options below.
- Transcript: This provides an unofficial transcript of the completion status of all classes you've signed up for. If you require an official transcript (such as for a college or your agency's training records), you will need to contact our office and provide us with the Point of Contact's information (name, agency and address) that requires the official transcript. We can not send it directly to you.
- Certificates: You can print a course completion certificate at any time by accessing your Training Record, and clicking the Printer Icon to the right of the course information. You will need to ensure your printer prints the certificate in Landscape Mode (sideways) on your printer. There are browser instructions at the top of the "Pring Certificate" page to assist you.
- Training Site/Location: When viewing upcoming events, or classes you're scheduled to attend, you can get directions to the training facility by clicking on the name of the Facility. This will bring up a MapQuest map, and also provide options for hotels in the area. Our agency cannot endorse any hotels, but this will give you an idea of rates in the area should you need overnight accomodations.
To Log In:
- You'll find the "Log In" window at the bottom of the home page. Click that to log in or to create an account.
- Provide your Login ID Number (EIN or user ID) and password to log in to your account.
First Time Users:
- You will find the "Log In" window at the bottom of the home page. Click that to log in or to create an account.
- Click the link that reads, "If you're a first time user of ERMA click here".
- Enter just your first and last name, and then "SEARCH". ERMA will verify whether or not you have an account, or if you need to create a new one. If your name and e-mail appear as one of the returned results, then you've created an account at some point in the past. Click the envelope link next to your name to send your EIN (Employee ID Number) to your e-mail address and follow the instructions for "Resetting/Forgot Password".
- Otherwise, Click the link in the middle of the screen that reads, "Create a New ERMA EIN", or the gold button that says "NEW". Follow the on-screen instructions to create an account. After the account creation is complete, you will be shown your EIN and emailed a temporary password. Write down your EIN. This will be your log in ID for future use in the system.
- When creating an account, it strongly advisable to enter a secondary e-mail address. This makes it easier for you to receive important course updates, especially if your primary e-mail changes and forget to update it with ERMA.
- Return to the Login screen and login with your EIN and temporary password. Follow the on-screen instructions to create a new password that you can easily remember for future use.
- On the Login screen, click the link for "Lookup your EIN".
- ERMA will ask for your First and Last name. ERMA will then verify whether or not you have an account, or if you need to create a new one. If your name does not appear, then you do not have an account and must create one following the directions above for "First Time Users". Otherwise, your name and e-mail should appear as one of the returned results. Click the envelope link next to your name to send your Login ID Number or EIN (Employee ID Number) to your e-mail address.
- If you're sure the account is yours, but the e-mail address is no longer valid or missing, OR if you do not receive an e-mail by the next business day, you will need to contact our office for assistance.
- Once you receive the e-mail with your EIN, you will need to return to the Login screen and follow the login instructions. If you've also forgotten your password, follow the directions below.
- On the Log In screen, click the link for "Reset Your Password". After clicking that link, ERMA will ask for your EIN (Login ID Number or Employee ID Number). After you click "Submit", ERMA will ask you to confirm. When you confirm, an e-mail will be sent to your e-mail address with a temporary password.
- If your e-mail address is no longer valid, or if you do not receive an e-mail by the next business day, you will need to contact our office for assistance.
- Return to the Login screen and log in with your Login ID Number or EIN and temporary password. Follow the on-screen instructions to create a new password that you can easily remember for future use.
ERMA Frequently Asked Questions:
What is an "EIN" or "Login ID Number"?
EIN stands for Employee Identification Number. This used to be used by state employees as a unique identifier for an employee's training record in our system. Although our system is now open to all eligible responders, we continue to use this number to reference your student account. You may also see if referred to a Login ID Number.
I forgot my EIN. How do I find out what it is?
Refer to the steps for "Forgot EIN".
I forgot my password. How do I get a new one?
Our office does not have access to your password, so we cannot tell you what it is if you've forgotten it. You will need to ensure your e-mail address in the system is correct, and they follow the steps for "Forgot Password".
My e-mail address has changed, and I forgot my password. How do I have my password sent to my new e-mail address?
If you have forgotten your password AND you know your e-mail address is not correct, you will need to contact our office for assistance. In the future, entering a secondary e-mail address in your account will help with password resets.
How do I find a find a list of upcoming classes?
Click here for instructions on finding upcoming classes.
How do I find a specific class? OR What is an Event ID number?
Each scheduled class has a unique Event ID number. This number is listed on all bulletins advertising the training event. Use this number in the "Search for an Event" option, and the class you're interested in will be displayed in the results. If you do not have the Event ID number, please contact the individual that notified you of the class to ensure you can get a copy of the original advertisement. If you're forwarding a training announcement, be sure to include the Event ID number for those you're sending it to.
How do I enroll multiple people into a class?
Our system does not allow one user to do "batch" enrollments. Each attendee will need to create their own account and enroll themselves in the class. We realize this causes problems when your agency has numberous individuals, all who have to create new accounts, but this is how we provide individual records of training for each person. When one person creates accounts and enrolls people, those individuals usually end up having incorrect information in their accounts, or not having access to their accounts to obtain necessary course information. If anyone is having difficultly creating their account or enrolling, please refer them to this help page, or contact our office for assistance. If you must create account for other individuals in your agency, please use THEIR contact information for e-mail and phone number, and the person entering the information should enter their contact information at the botton where it asks for "Supervisor or Training Manager". That way you will both receive important alerts and updates.
Why can't people just call your agency or the Point of Contact for the class to get enrolled instead of having to go through this online process?
Our agency hosts 20 to 40 classes per month. We are not staffed to manually enroll students in our programs. We provide our online system so that each student can browse for relevent training, self-enroll in upcoming events or self-cancel their registrations, access their training records, print certificates of completion, and perform other services our agency is not equipped to provide. Creating an account takes less than 2 minutes, and once an account is created, searching for and enrolling in a class is as simple as entering the event number and clicking the "enroll" button. However, when students have gone through our help options and still need assistance, we are always on-hand during normal day-time business hours to assist.
Why am I waitlisted for a class, and when will I know if I'm approved to attend?
Please see the section on "Waitlisting".
I think I'm qualified to attend an event where I'm still "Pending Host Approval". Why?
- We review the rosters weekly, but for classes that are more than 30-45 days out, we may only update every 2 weeks.
- You may still be "Pending Host Approval" because you have not yet sent us information requested. Check the special notes to be sure you've sent us everything we've requested.
- OR, you may still be "Pending Host Approval" because the host of the event has not yet made a decision as to whether you (and other enrollees) fit the criteria for the intended audience. In this case, you do not need to send us anything, and if there is a question as to your eligibility, or office or the course host will contact you.
How do I print a certificate of completion for a class I attended?
Please refer to the "Features" section for viewing and printing certificates.
I need to know who from my agency is enrolled in (or completed) a class. How can I get a roster?
Permission to view or obtain a copy of a roster must be requested through our office on an "as-needed" basis. If your agency is the host for the training, your ERMA account will provide you with "Viewer" access to the course roster. Otherwise, you will need to contact our office for assistance.
Return to Top
For additional information, questions or support, please contact us for assistance.